The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, highly organized individual to serve as a Program Associate with the Center for Equity and Energy Behavior, which focuses on the human dimensions of energy efficiency programs. CEE is an award-winning consortium of efficiency program administrators from the United States and Canada that unify program approaches across jurisdictions to increase impact in fragmented markets. By joining forces at CEE, individual electric and gas efficiency program administrators are able to leverage the effect of their ratepayer funding, exchange information on successful practices and, by doing so, achieve greater energy efficiency for the public good.
The Center for Equity and Energy Behavior at CEE works to increase equitable engagement for all ratepayer participant groups. This work will also focus on how to leverage behavioral science techniques and nudges (such as social norms, loss aversion, anchor bias, etc.) to benefit energy efficiency programs.
This position provides a valuable career growth opportunity for a motivated individual to gain skills in a professional nonprofit dedicated to advancing energy efficiency, utility systems, and greenhouse gas reduction benefits for lasting public benefit.
- Under the direction of the Center Lead, gather and organize information on members' energy efficiency efforts related to equity or human behavior to develop syntheses and findings.
- Assist with other primary and secondary research, data collection, and data analysis in support of the Center’s projects. Support survey design, distribution, data collection, follow up, quality assurance, and summarization.
- Contribute to reports, studies, memoranda, position papers, business plans, databases, website content, and other professional written products in support of organization and member needs. Gather and synthesize literature on topics related to energy efficiency, human behavior, and equity.
- Prepare for committee meetings and webinars, including drafting agendas, crafting materials and slides, and generating email lists. Assist with facilitation and notetaking during meetings both in-person and via teleconference.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field such as psychology, sociology, environmental studies, environmental justice, etc. Prior experience in the energy or environmental fields is desired.
- Interest in energy efficiency, environmental justice, and/or human behavior is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook). Aptitude or experience with web-based software or platforms, including survey software such as Qualtrics is a plus, but not required. Experience with Microsoft Teams and Salesforce are also helpful, but not required.
- Strong organization and time management skills, along with attention to detail; ability to balance multiple priorities as projects evolve.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including aptitude facilitating meetings with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong people skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team. Comfort working with clients and/or customer service experience; ability to represent CEE and to articulate questions and resolve issues clearly over the telephone; customer service experience is ideal, professional demeanor is required.
- Experience dealing with data collection and analysis.
- Willingness to travel, approximately once per quarter.
The CEE Office, located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA is convenient to I-95, Route 1, and Route 128 and offers amenities like the fitness center.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday. This is currently a hybrid position; staff are expected to be in-person in the office at least one day per week. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Please send application materials via e-mail to Maya Saterson at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Program Associate, CEE Center”. Please include:
- Cover Letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing Sample (2-5 pages) demonstrating analytical reasoning skills
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. We anticipate a start date for this position of June 2023. You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CEE reserves the right not to fill this position.