The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the residential sector and support advancement of opportunities for high performing residential products and connected devices to contribute to decarbonization and integrated demand side management (IDSM) objectives. The successful candidate will work primarily within the residential team to develop binational strategies aimed at furthering the vision for an energy efficient, grid-interactive, and interoperable home that provides value to customers and CEE member utilities. Areas of potential in-depth focus include appliances and crosscutting connected products, such as home energy management systems, advanced controls, and emerging technologies. This position provides a fantastic career growth opportunity for a motivated individual to gain skills in a professional nonprofit dedicated to advancing energy efficiency, utility system, and greenhouse gas reduction benefits for lasting public benefit.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Under the direction of the Residential Sector Lead, support program initiatives for advancing the market of connected and efficient equipment as part of a comprehensive smart home strategy.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, data collection, and analysis on topics such as energy savings potential for connected technologies, effective program design and delivery approaches, customer engagement benefits associated with connected capabilities, unique partnerships across industry stakeholders, and market barriers to product adoption.
- Draft reports, studies, memoranda, position papers and other professionally written deliverables in support of organization and member needs.
- Prepare agendas and presentations, and assist in facilitation of member meetings, both in-person and via web conference.
- Assemble consensus positions to develop recommended strategies for driving the adoption of high performing residential equipment that deliver energy efficiency, load management, and behavioral change benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience (or master’s degree) in a relevant field, such as engineering, information technology, cybersecurity, environmental science, building science, data science, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities.
- Experience with connected and efficient products, demand response functionality in residential end uses, or IDSM is desirable.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and project deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including aptitude for planning and facilitating discussions with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences.
- Strong people skills, service orientation, and capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter.
CEE offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with skills and experience.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday. Due to Covid-19, work is currently done remotely. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA, and is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills.
Please send application materials via e-mail to Chloe Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Program Assistant, Residential Sector”.
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.