The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to lead North American initiatives for natural gas efficiency in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. This position will be responsible for researching technologies, analyzing market trends, and facilitating engagement between energy efficiency programs and industry in order to support growth of a robust natural gas energy efficiency program industry. The Senior Program Manager of Natural Gas Efficiency will be expected to lead committees of energy efficiency program portfolio managers seeking to achieve more natural gas savings in the market, and support integration of gas efficiency opportunities across CEE Initiatives. They will also be tasked with exploring new super-efficient gas end uses as potential CEE initiatives and managing strategic relationships with key industry trade associations and individual manufacturers.
The successful candidate will work to assess strategies for the most significant energy users and develop long-term market transformation directives for US and Canadian markets. Areas of potential in-depth focus within a whole home or building context include gas heat pumps for both HVAC and water heating, steam system audits, and leveraging products that are increasingly smart and connected to enable automated energy management services, including demand response.
- Represent the organization and its work in multiple venues including: trade shows, industry conferences, government or regulatory interactions, conferences or meetings with advocacy groups, and other nongovernment associations meetings.
- Maintain and enhance the CEE role as a credible source for efficiency program information for members and industry.
- Under direction of the Deputy Director, support business strategies for advancing the market of connected and efficient equipment as part of a comprehensive strategy for smart homes and buildings.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on topics such as savings potential for emerging technologies, effective program design delivery approaches, opportunities associated with connected capabilities, unique partnerships across industry stakeholders, and market barriers to product adoption.
- Construct reports, studies, memoranda, position papers, and other written products in support of organization and member needs.
- Prepare agendas for and assist the facilitation of member meetings via teleconference, in-person, and online through CEE’s extranet website.
- Assemble consensus positions to develop recommended strategies for driving the adoption of high performing equipment that deliver energy efficiency, customer engagement, load management, and behavioral change impacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding communications (oral and written). Strong public speaking skills with small and large audiences. Networking skills for building relationships with strategically valuable individuals and organizations. Demonstrated ability to work effectively towards consensus, including aptitude to facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as economics, business, engineering, information technology, environmental studies, statistics, quantitative assessment, building science, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities. Five to ten years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities and project deliverables.
- Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences.
- Strong people skills, service orientation, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA. This facility offers many amenities including a full-service cafeteria and a fitness center and is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
Please send application materials via e-mail to Sue Laferriere at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Program Manager”.
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.